Sunday, October 26, 2008




I am exactly 8 months old now and "struggling" with whether I should keep going on this journey or "come back home" to straight, pressed or possibly relaxed hair;go back to the "haircreme crack". I'm literally at a "crossroads" whether I should go on and get some conditioner shampoo and start unraveling my locks but WHY, I'm asking myself ,"what is my true reason" for getting these and now wanting to possibly take them out. I don't know if it becuase I seriously need to a "retightening" (over do by 8 weeks)with a lot of fuzzy-wuzzys now, or that I was dressed in a formal gown and it seemed like my hair went with the dress, or is that I have been envying my former pictures with the perm and hoe it "all fit" and now I'm not sure how my life style, from dress attire to the fuzziness works especially since my hair appears to be this big "oval-shaped" SL fro, not long enough to put into a decent ponytail and with my relaxed ends I still can not wear it 'freestyle', just pull it back with headbands which doesn't seem to work with "formal gowns".
sign Discouraged/guilty but trying to "hang in there", wish me luck!with whatever decision I make.
DB

6 comments:

Tawanna said...

Dani I personally think your locks are really really cute! I can sort of understand your discouragement. I do hope you give yourself a little more time to work through this rough spot. Maybe when you get them retightened you will feel better about it. I'm in the transitional phase of getting SL and it can be a little discouraging too. I'm going forth because I remember once I was all natural and my hair was really healthy. Then I decided to relax my hair again after growing it all out over a year and a half. I do regret relaxing my natural hair. Unraveling them is a big decision. So just be sure with out a doubt it's what you want before you do it so you don't end up regretting it.
Be encouraged! Your hair is beautiful!

Cashana said...

Making the decision to go natural is a big one. However, having SL is a testament in patience. I can understand your discouragement and you must do what you feel is right for you. This "journey" is truly what it is. You will have good days and bad days. Believe me there have been moments for me where frustation set in, but I also remember the damage I had from the perms and the too tight kinky twists and I am paying the price still. Your hair looks wonderful I can't really tell you need to have a retightening.

Whatever you decide to do, make sure it for you and no other reason.

anthia-ofo said...

I would hang in there if I were you. Give it at least a year. I know what you mean - the locs just being 'there' not doing anything,(my 9mth sls are a bit like that) but there's a prize at the end, if you can tough it through. Perhaps curling will help with styling issues.I myself will never go back to the creamy crack after the awful damage I experienced, but I wish you the best in whatever you decide.

Nubian1 said...

Hang in ther Dani!!

With any hair options i.e relaxed, natural, microlocks, traditional locks, sl, you can be sure of 1 thing.......BAD HAIR DAYS OR MONTHS depends how long you let it drag on for.
Ultimately, its down to you, draw up a list of pros and cons and base your decision on that.
THE VERY BEST OF BRITISH LUCK WHATEVER YOU DECIDE!!

OnyxCherry said...

You need to believe within yourself that you and the natural hair that God gave you is enough. You don't have to straighten it out or have it laying down to be considered visually acceptable at a red carpet event. You are fearfullly and wonderfully made and you are perfect just the way God made you.

lady j said...

Hi Dani, my name is Jennifer and I'm new to this blogging thing. I'm always checking out the journeys of sister locks. You have "Beautiful locks and I hope you keep them cause I would like to see them now that it's 8/2010. If you kept them, then I know you have length and thickness by now. Can't wait to see! Diva, you look georgous!