Wednesday, February 27, 2008

My SL Debut at work, day 2 after my installation





Today I did the "unveiling" of my Sls and survived. Just as I expected, the one class(my rebellious class; teach at a high school) that ALWAYS "got jokes" commented and I 'hung in there' and did not go there ! with them or Kick the one particular student out my class, more so just had 'my armor' on and will continue tomorrow, for rest of the week until "it gets old" on his"jokes radar". Got some compliments and more stares but "it's all good"!!! I beleie over time I will meet more "SL hair-embracers" rather than "hair-haters". Check out my "Debut" pics to work.

3 comments:

Maryee said...

Girl, hang in there. As your SLs grow and mature all the nonsense will boil down to a quiet simmer. The main ones "hatin'" will then be questioning you about how they can get them some "Sisterlocks". Trust me, women, and especially young girls know what a pain it is to live a facade dealing with hair that ain't theirs, all the while completely unaware of their own natural hair/beauty hiding under some perm, braids, or weave. Stay strong, encouraged, and locked! Good day coming sooner than you think. Blessings...

Penny said...

It looks really good. I got my locks on Jan 25 whenever we had King Holiday. I too am a teacher and unlike you I did install my locks two years ago but I couldn't take the pressure. Girl those lil kids said Ms. ___ why you have those lil snakes in yo head!! HOwever I came back to sisterlocks and now I don't care what no one says I will follow it through. I will keep up with your blog.

Locin' Librarian said...

I too work at a high school and that is why I'm waiting till summer to get mine installed :=>! Just kidding. I'm really waiting to grow out some new growth. I have about 6-7 inches permed hair. Keep us posted on how you are managing those permed ends. Anywhoo, you and your locs look lovely - never you mind the haters! They come in all ages girl! Continue to "do you!"

-Locin'Librarian
http://locinlibrarian.blogspot.com/